Book Review: Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout

20753858Holy alien babies. There was a lot packed into this final book of the Lux series. As always, if you haven’t read Obsidian yet, go check out my review for it here.. Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout is the fifth and final book in the Lux series, and is a young adult novel. And I have to say Armentrout does a wonderful job of ending the series.

So at the beginning of Opposition, Dee, Dawson, and Daemon have disappeared with the Luxen from outer space, and Katy, Archer, Luc, and Beth are left in a cabin in the woods together. And Katy is basically going stir crazy because she has no idea what Daemon is doing or where he is. But Daemon is determined to be Daemon and do everything he can to protect those he loves.

I thought this book was a great way to end the series. A lot of excitement happens in it, and there are also lots of touching scenes, and truly heartbreaking ones. The excitement also keeps going all the way to the end of the book, so it’s not like there’s a climax and then a few boring chapters of what happened after. This book will command that you keep reading until the very end. I will say that I thought the epilogue was going to be a bit different and I was a little disappointed it wasn’t the way I envisioned it, but it was a good way to end the series, regardless.

The writing style is also very much the same as the others novels. We get both Katy’s and Daemon’s point of view at times, and there is also the same banter and sarcasm that the two seem to love. We also get a sneak peek into the Arum world, and I have to say that experience was pretty funny.

As always, even though they’re running around trying to save the world from the evil Luxen, Daemon and Katy manage to squeeze in some loves scenes. I really do think those two are perfect for each other (and yes, I know they’re fictional).


I would recommend this book to anyone who likes young adult romance, hot aliens, and an awesome story.


Comments